DJ Performance Training & Advanced Master of Ceremonies Performance Training for the Wedding Professional
Make It GRAND! Workshop
A Two Day Advanced Master of Ceremonies Performance Workshop
You will learn:
How to create your own STYLE as a Master of Ceremonies
How to “own” the Room from the very beginning
How to be an Effective Storyteller
How to Connect with your Audience
How to Write Comedy: (Make it Fast, Make it Funny!)
Gentle Roasting Techniques
What to Expect: Participants will work on multiple writing and performance exercises designed to help them create their own voice and delivery style as a Master of Ceremonies.
Focus will be given to “tried and true” theatrical conventions guaranteed to engage your audience.
Participants will be given techniques designed to help them “take their stage” as a confident Master of Ceremonies allowing them to direct and guide any event with precision and ease.
Participants will learn how to command an audience without “screaming” or “intimidating” the guests. They will learn how to write for applause and laughter, they will learn how the use of proper staging and timing will dramatically improve their effectiveness.
And finally, participants will learn appropriate “roasting” techniques that are family friendly and HOW to use “sound drops” for maximum impact without diluting the effectiveness of their performance.
Taking Your Stage Workshop
A One Day Advanced Master of Ceremonies Performance Workshop
9:00am to 6:00pm
You will learn:
- How to quickly and effectively “Own The Crowd” at all of your events with concise and commanding Welcoming Statements
- Common mistakes that might be holding you back.
- Simple methods for getting the guests’ undivided attention without saying a word.
- How to PERSONALIZE your PERFORMANCE and make it Clean, Simple and Effective without being cheesy.
- How to create SMOOTH TRANSITIONS throughout the wedding reception.
- How to showcase YOUR PERSONALITY and charm your audiences.
…and much, much more!
Audio Editing Like a BOSS! (by Peter Merry)
Tricks, Tips, and Tools for Creating Amazing Mixes, Mash-Ups, and Moments
1:00pm to 5:00pm
Pre-Requisite: Every attendee must bring a USB jump drive (min. 4 Gig) and laptop loaded with Adobe Audition CS6.
Limit: 20 Attendees
What you will learn:
- How to filter out background noise from a voice recording.
- How to clean up the content of a voice recording.
- How to edit a voice recording for the most emotional impact.
- How to ensure a voice recording is ready to be mixed into a song.
- Several creative ways to combine a voice recording with a song.
- How to create a realistic sounding “malfunction” for a surprise mix transition.
- Suggestions for creating an effective surprise mix of song segments.
- How to shorten a song without listening to the track first.
- How to create a seamless loop using multi-track mixing.
- 5 common mistakes people make when editing audio files.
- 5 things you should do before declaring an audio editing project complete.
Make It GRAND! Workshop and Taking Your Stage are the only workshops of their kind dedicated to training Masters of Ceremonies for today’s creative weddings. Our personalized approach will bring out the best in your performance, and make guests sit up and say “Wow!”.
Peter and Liz are highly sought after Wedding Entertainer Directors®, who are currently working and entertaining in the challenging 21st century “YouTube”, “Facebook” and “Reality TV” environment and they are receiving RAVE REVIEWS across the country individually and as Co-Masters of Ceremonies!
Peter and Liz are Masters of their craft and proven professionals gifted at writing and delivering not only exceptional Grand Entrances, but at personalizing every moment of a wedding reception. Their flair for connecting with their couples as well as their family and friends is unmatched.
Every bride wants her wedding to be unique and fun and they need someone to help them realize their vision! Make It GRAND! Workshop and Taking Your Stage offer the perfect performance training environment to learn “how” to give your couples EXACTLY what they are looking for!
Taking Your Stage and Make It GRAND! Workshop offer intense, eye-opening “hands-on” instruction and performance training that will give you the tools you need to deliver the results expected by today’s brides! Both workshops cultivate an invigorating and creative environment ensuring each attendee will meet their greatest potential.
Participants will work in an intimate setting of no more than 8 attendees for “Make It GRAND! Workshop” and 10 attendees for “Taking Your Stage”. We encourage honest and constructive “Peer-to-Peer” interaction and feedback during the workshops and feel this is vital to the growing and learning process. Just as with any artistic endeavor, the opportunity for advancement and learning is not limited to focusing solely on your own work. Enlightenment can and will occur if you stay connected while other participants are “in the spotlight.”